Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Mech Warrior Online Beta This Week

The MechWarrior Online Website announces Operation: Inception, a pair of founder's program packages for Piranha's upcoming online mech combat game, also announcing this week will see the launch of the game's closed beta test. Word is that those who purchase one of these bundles will get guaranteed access to the beta. This post clarifies details about this, including that they will not prevent those outside of North America from participating:

You've probably seen our big news today - Beta signups are official! But how, you ask?

First, log onto the forums; then click profile and it's right there! For greater clarity closed beta starts today! we will be inviting users as soon as tomorrow.

Secondly, how the Founders program beta/early access works: The program is purchasable on June 19th and you gain guaranteed access to the closed beta on July 17th.

Thirdly, the reason this announcement stated 'North America' is that it's for North American servers As we have mentioned we are working very hard to launch MechWarrior Online in every region worldwide. We may also run a similar Operation for other regions, therefore we are required to recommend that for the best play experience you register and play in your region in the near future. However There is no IP blocking. You can signup from everywhere just keep in mind that if you are outside of North America we cannot guarantee your play experience.

Thanks for being the most awesome fanbase ever, and we hope this clears up your questions.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

15. Re: Mech Warrior Online Beta This Week May 23, 2012, 16:54 m0deth

Cutter wrote on May 23, 2012, 03:03:
OldTimber wrote on May 23, 2012, 02:00:
Now this is gonna be bigger than that pos GW2. can smell the fail on that game already, just like the facebook ipo all hype nothing to back it.

Son, a mind is a terrible thing to waste. Lay off the meth.

You know Cutter, if you just replace 'bigger' with better, then the comment doesn't sound at all laced with meth!

My problem is this:
However There is no IP blocking. You can signup from everywhere just keep in mind that if you are outside of North America we cannot guarantee your play experience.

I can pretty much guarantee they will however negatively affect those that stick to their own region hoping for lag free gaming. The last thing I wanted for Mechwarrior, was a F2P model with clustered virtual servers, and 300 ping asian connections butt-humping playability from the get-go.

I gotta say...I will be sorely disappointed the second I see an Atlas rubber-band it's way across a map just because they didn't region block.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo