Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Tribes: Ascend Passes 1M Downloads

Hi-Rez Studios announces that the client for Tribes: Ascend has been downloaded more than one million times since the launch of the multiplayer shooter sequel a bit over a month ago. "We’re thrilled that over 1 million gamers have discovered the fast-paced and skill-based gameplay of Tribes," said Todd Harris, Hi-Rez Studios Chief Operating Officer. "It is truly the player support of the title that has driven the population growth and fuels our team to deliver updates."

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

88. Re: Tribes: Ascend Passed 1M Downloads May 18, 2012, 03:47 Jerykk

People can defend the wonky TA physics all they want. At the end of the day whether you favored T1, or T2. Both games allowed for the extreme maximum in movement control and jetting. Excellent momentum (classic for T2). Neither one of them had chase issues. They had a higher intensity threshold compared to TV/TA. The chase skirmishes in TA are nowwhere near as exciting as they are in T1/T2. That's one of the best parts about the high level of play in Tribes.

I don't disagree. T1 is still the fastest and most high-flying shooter in existence and will likely never be matched. That said, chasing is still possible in T:A. It's just harder.

As for arbitrary restrictions, I agree. I don't like speed caps or class-based loadout restrictions or giant barriers around the battlefield or two-weapon limits or unlockables. Some of the design choices were very clearly based on their microtransaction business model. However, being a F2P multiplayer game, they do have the ability to make significant changes to the game's mechanics. Although the game pales in comparison to T1, I still think it's pretty fun and more interesting than all the generic military shooter drivel we see these days. I'm hoping they'll continue to tweak the game and make it more like T1.

This comment was edited on May 18, 2012, 03:52.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo