Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Tribes: Ascend Passes 1M Downloads

Hi-Rez Studios announces that the client for Tribes: Ascend has been downloaded more than one million times since the launch of the multiplayer shooter sequel a bit over a month ago. "We’re thrilled that over 1 million gamers have discovered the fast-paced and skill-based gameplay of Tribes," said Todd Harris, Hi-Rez Studios Chief Operating Officer. "It is truly the player support of the title that has driven the population growth and fuels our team to deliver updates."

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

51. Re: Tribes: Ascend Passes 1M Downloads May 16, 2012, 16:08 MadBoris

Flatline wrote on May 16, 2012, 15:59:
MadBoris wrote on May 16, 2012, 15:44:
-Man to Man- When you have a sniper or super effective player, constant harassment can negate their effect, which is otherwise quite an impact for their team.

Today there was a sniper leading the opposing team in kills, stopping flag cappers too easily, he needs no stinking aim bot. It was necessary for me to go infiltrator on him to get to his position and keep taking him out. I made that my consistent goal because someone had to, then he had to change and adapt, but his effectiveness dropped considerably, then the flow of game changed. Double teaming Koby is a good strat at times.

I kind of suck at dueling most of the time (some days I just click and it's on) but I'm pretty good at staying alive in a duel for quite a while. If we need a break, I tend to go in and piss off a bunch of defense (including flag chasers) by skiing by in heavy armor as fast as I can and peeling 2-3 defenders off the base as they proceed to chase me for the next couple minutes. Sure, I get hardly any points for it, but while I'm doing that, someone runs in and caps.

If you're frustrated with CTF give cap & hold a try. It's kind of bare bones but it *really* changes the flow of the game. I grew to love the brute in C&H maps with his fractals and his heavy spinfusor. It's more about dueling since you can cap points *so* easily, so your general dueling skills go up too.

Some days I log on, I only want to give 80% effort, then I get smoked. The game really demands you give it all you got, and then it rewards you. It's just that sometimes constant sweat on my brow isn't always relaxing, so I don't sweat it too much some days. LOL. People are definitely getting better 1 on 1 overtime. I was invisible, made it a lot easier.

Funny you say, I have tried some C&H for a change-up from time to time recently. I also am a fan of the brute almost exclusively in my past play on C&H. I often go for the point where I can refill my 3 fractals and I just defend it as vigorously as I can.

This comment was edited on May 16, 2012, 16:20.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo