Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

Okay, yesterday was operation spin the bird, as I took my first stab at rotisserie cooking on the grill, and without wasting time on modesty, I have to declare the outcome an unqualified success, as the bird was spectacular. Actually, modesty doesn't enter into it, as the chicken did all the work, just as advertised. I brined the bird for a couple of hours, stuffed some garlic in the cavity and under the skin, added some salt and pepper and some herbs, and let him spin on the spit for a little under 90 minutes, so the chicken really cooked itself. The hardest part was getting it trussed, since I had never done that before, but it's a simple process that will get easier with practice. I could not be more excited at this new addition to the exports of Manstovia.

Links: Thanks Ant and Mike Martinez and Acleacius.
Play: Dusk 2.
Links: LCD Handheld Games Part Three. Thanks nin via Kotaku.
Arrested Development Lego Set, Complete With Stair Car.
Facts You Might Not Know About Game of Thrones.
Stories: NBC's 2012-2013 Schedule: Community Moves to Fridays.
British WWII fighter found in Egyptian desert. Thanks The Flying Penguin.
Amazing Donkey Kong Shelves.
Media: Levitron Revolution and IKEA Shelf Demonstration.
The man who can sing everything.
Beck's Beginning - TRON: Uprising - Disney XD Official. Thanks nin.
The Funnies: Virtual Shackles: Dovahacker.
Brevity.
Funny Tweets.
Follow-up: Freddie Mercury illusion to 'appear' live with Queen.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

11. Re: Facts you might not know about game of thrones May 14, 2012, 14:35 sauron

nin wrote on May 14, 2012, 11:39:
British WWII fighter found in Egyptian desert.

That's a neat story...reminds me of this one from a few weeks ago.

Yes, amazing it survived that long, the desert sure is dry. And I was going to say it was an american-built plane (P-40 kittyhawk) but the article mentioned it already.

The earlier article about buried Spitfires is even more amazing - hope they dig them up soon!

Kittens!
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo