Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Diablo III Wizard Trailer

This new trailer from Diablo III introduces the Wizard in Blizzard's upcoming action/RPG sequel. The clip includes cinematics, gameplay, and an imposing voiceover to explain the arcane power of this mystical class. Presumably the wizard's chirpy (if not twerpy) little voice is a spell so her enemies mistake her for Seong Mi-na or something.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

7. Re: Diablo III Wizard Trailer May 1, 2012, 13:10 Pigeon

Wallshadows wrote on May 1, 2012, 12:41:
Wowbagger_TIP wrote on May 1, 2012, 10:54:
Wait... how come she wasn't wielding axes and wearing full-plate armor?? I have no idea what a wizard is supposed to use in this game. In the beta there was hardly any equipment for her, but she could apparently use practically any weapon or armor with almost no limitations. Weird.

The way the armor is designed in Diablo 3 is that there are no more proficiencies such as cloth, leather, mail, and plate because there are no attribute points. Any class can use any armor but the appearance will automatically change based on the class you use it on to suite their design. The only thing which distinguishes who can wear it are the raw stats.

Weapons are a little more exclusive though where Wizards have access to Wands and Sources which provide class-specific perks such as additional arcane power and such.

Basically gear with intellect on it = gear for wizards, raw weapon damage is also factored into how powerful your spells are. I think its far too simplified as you don't have to make any real choices with your gear, at least not that I saw in the beta. Its nice you no longer have to meet any arbitrary str or dex requirements for the sole reason of equipping higher level gear, but this change seems a reaction too far in the other direction.

Maybe later in the game there may be some benefit to using gear with stats that are not optimal for you class, such as a tanking barbarian taking int gear to raise his/her resistances.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

Blue's News logo