Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Crysis 3 Teaser Trailer

GameTrailers.com now offers a teaser trailer for Crysis 3, Crytek's upcoming first-person shooter sequel. This teaser is shorter than the commercial it follows, but it concludes saying to expect a gameplay trailer on April 24th. In the meantime we get glimpses of the game's depiction of a partially overgrown NYC, that new bow weapon, and, of course, plenty of hexagons.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

40. Re: Crysis 3 Teaser Trailer Apr 22, 2012, 08:36 Rigs

SXO wrote on Apr 21, 2012, 08:41:
YES!!!!! I miss having big manuals and even boxes for my games. I still kept all of my old ones. It was a ritual for me to explore the contents of the box, then spend 1 or 2 days reading the manual before I even started playing the game. Anyone remember the Falcon 4.0 manual?

We must've been separated at birth (or it's more common than I thought) because that is exactly the same thing I do...well, did when there are/were big ol' manuals in the box. Whereas most just grab the disc and install it right away and try to figure it out, I would carefully and methodically take everything out of the box one-by-one and lay them out. Then I'd read each thing and then start on the manual. After having read the manual, which sometimes would take more than one sitting, I'd load the game up, with manual close by, and begin.

I still have nearly every box to every game I've gotten for the last 20 years, stored in a plastic moving container, in a cool, dark place like my closet or under the bed. Occasionally I'll pull some of them out and read the manuals again (Microprose's Task Force 1942 being a favorite for reading, along with the first 'modern' PC game I ever bought (SIX months before buying a computer to play it on!) - Aces of the Pacific). As for Falcon4, I had the original 3-ring binder version of it (which I read often as well, along with the maps and making notes (on stickies, not in the manual itself - that's a no-no)) up until last December when I sold it to someone on SimHQ who would be able to play and use it more than I had time for lately.

This is a gaming tradition that NEEDS to come back! Indie developers are becoming all the rage nowadays, so this is a perfect time to bring back the manuals! Hell, include it with the 'perks' you get for funding a game. I'd gladly pitch in for it, and I'm sure many others would as well...

(Incidentally, I keep bringing this up but it does have relevance here so I'll mention it again - I have many, many games in my collection for sale on my blog and at SimHQ's Buy/Sell/Trade board , nearly all with boxes and manuals intact and pretty cheap. So if you're looking for something in particular, check it out!)

=-Rigs-=

'Now, we gave you a promise and we are bound by that promise and damn you for asking for it! And damn me for agreeing to it! And damn all of us to hell, because that is exactly where we're going!'
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo