Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Ships Ahoy - Top Gun Hard Lock

505 Games announces the release of Top Gun Hard Lock, offering all the high flying, towel-snapping action of the cinematic journey to the danger zone. The game is available in stores for all platforms in the U.K. and the Windows PC edition is also available worldwide through GameStop PC Downloads. Here's word on the game:

Top Gun Hard Lock lets fans fly into the danger zone as an all-new crew of elite naval aviators taking air combat to new heights. Players engage in adrenaline-fuelled dog fights to tailgate MiGs at Mach 2 and master the game’s Hard Lock feature to perform high-G aerial combat manoeuvres in order to destroy enemy pilots.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

9. Re: Ships Ahoy - Top Gun Hard Lock Apr 6, 2012, 02:43 Rigs

No.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JMo3QLP4XI4

Dear God in Heaven! You know, I'm all for the less traditional arcade-y type air combat games (like PS2's Ace Combat series). I mean, sometimes I don't want to take a freakin' half hour to run a pre-flight checklist just to get in the air for another half hour flight and then get riddled with AA before ever even seeing my target (DCS: A10C, I'm lookin' right at you! Yeah, you! Don't give me that 'I don't give a shit' look! You keep it up and you'll be grounded for a week, which means no LAN games with your little neighborhood squadron buddies! And clean your hangar! It's a disgrace! And it smells like napalm! What the hell do you guys actually do when I go to work all day?!...you know what, I don't really want an answer to that...)

...but I have to know why developers nowadays equate easier, less realistic, with FAST! I hated HAWX because you looked like your plane was having an epileptic seizure whenever you tried avoiding a missile! Everything went so damn fast, like Quake3 in the air! That doesn't make it more fun! And by the looks of that video, and the 'maneuvers' they did to shake a bogie or missile, looked just like the tripe I was trying hard to forget with HAWX... *sigh*

=-Rigs-=

'We talked about peace! You didn't want peace. We talked about cooperation! You didn't WANT cooperation. You WANT war! Is that it? You want a war? Well, you've GOT a war!'
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

Blue's News logo