Matrix Games announces
the release of a new patch for Combat Command: The Matrix Edition
, updating the World War II strategy game to version 1.04. The latest and greatest version of the game addresses withdraw issues, an infinite assault hex loop, and other changes, all detailed in this change log:
- When a unit loses its fortification levels, the reason is added to the message.
- Can now select from a list in the Scenario Editor Graphics File of what comes with the game in addition to typing in your own.
- Number of message retained has been increased to 500. Only 200 are saved in the save game though.
- If you add WriteLog=1 to CombatComman.ini, all messages will be written to GameLog.txt as well.
- This is technically a debugging tool and therefore never cleans itself out. Use at your own risk as all (verbose) messages are written.
- Units withdrawing even if end up equidistant to the enemy.
- Infinite Assault Hex Loop after Reload fixed, now displays "End Phase" button instead of "Next Assault Hex" button.
- Units can no longer advance into a hex that would cause over-stacking to occur.
- If a unit cannot full withdraw, it will now take a hit of damage. The announcement will reflect this.
- Corrected display of Pilot Experience and Anti-Aircraft values in Scenario dialog.
- Contact Modifier now displays correctly in game's Scenario dialog.