Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Evening Tech Bits

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

6. Re: Evening Tech Bits Mar 22, 2012, 08:54 eRe4s3r

Same here, this 460GTX 1GB version i have was the only one with 3cm shorter length to even fit into my setup (Ok, my case is not the average, i have 5 HDD's) and even this shortest card (with an awesome efficient custom FAN / huge cool-pipe / radiator is literally TOUCHING my lowest hdd, it is not a collision but both devices are maybe 0.3mm from each other.

And even then i still needed to put in 2 additional fans (for the HDD's), to ventilate this mess - HDD's went up to 50C because the card was simply oozing off excess heat into the case despite a very efficient air cooling solution and the stock case cooling was pushing air in from the "top" and out the front (through the HDD's) which meant my HDD's were ventilate with GPU heat. Instead of cooled. I had to reverse the entire cooling system to push air in from the FRONT through the HDD and out through the TOP... (by the way, that must have been some grade A class idiots who designed this particular case which draws AIR in from TOP.. do they not know that heat rises up ?)

Operating temps on full load (for hours) are 60C for me with this and this is what I consider the maximum... when I read that modern cards can reach core temps of 100C i think they are insane to sell that with AIR cooling in an enclosed GPU case. There is just no way that can be good for the components on that card. But more importantly, that can not be good for everything else that sits around it either.

This comment was edited on Mar 22, 2012, 09:01.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo