Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Mass Effect 3 Ending Changes Planned

The BioWare Blog has a post from BioWare co-founder Dr. Ray Muzyka confirming that criticism of the ending of Mass Effect 3 has had a massive effect on them, and they will indeed be changing the way the game ends, as they said they might. Here's a bit on their change in plans, and what lead to this point:

Building on their research, Exec Producer Casey Hudson and the team are hard at work on a number of game content initiatives that will help answer the questions, providing more clarity for those seeking further closure to their journey. You’ll hear more on this in April. We’re working hard to maintain the right balance between the artistic integrity of the original story while addressing the fan feedback we’ve received. This is in addition to our existing plan to continue providing new Mass Effect content and new full games, so rest assured that your journey in the Mass Effect universe can, and will, continue.

The reaction to the release of Mass Effect 3 has been unprecedented. On one hand, some of our loyal fans are passionately expressing their displeasure about how their game concluded; we care about this feedback, and we’re planning to directly address it. However, most folks appear to agree that the game as a whole is exceptional, with more than 75 critics giving it a perfect review score and a review average in the mid-90s. Net, I’m proud of the team, but we can and must always strive to do better.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

32. Re: Mass Effect 3 Ending Changes Planned Mar 21, 2012, 15:49 DarkCntry

Parallax Abstraction wrote on Mar 21, 2012, 15:41:
Verno wrote on Mar 21, 2012, 15:39:
How about because it's a video game?

Please stop with this silliness, different things matter to different people. Blah blah its just cars, its just sports, etc etc. Most people had very reasonable complaints considering the time invested and how the game was experienced. Just because some idiots filed an FTC complaint doesn't mean the entire userbase was doing it too.

And I'm pretty sure that's exactly what I said. People can not like it, people can complain. But BioWare is responding to this because the "movement" has gotten so out of control that it's affecting their PR. Again, if you believe in what you're creating, the PR value of such a thing shouldn't matter. By giving in to this, the Retake Mass Effect movement will feel validated and that means we'll see more of that nonsense every time a vocal group doesn't like something about a title (which guess what, is every game ever released now).

This is going to take a real quick drive down Bad Analogy Avenue, but alas...

Sadly you're correct, the general Gamer population are filled with a shitton of entitled morons that just recently started typing partial sentences in between teet suckling...however, using this as an excuse for us to not speak up when we can factually state something isn't quite right is equally as stupid as the ones going to the FTC over it.

I despise the whole "retake" bullshit just on the name of the group alone, even if I agree with the 'mission'. Why should I be penalized simply because there's a retarded group of people out there that agrees with my view of something?

Would you feel that if there was a topic you felt strongly about was endorsed by a group of people you don't agree with that you should shut up?

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo