Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

BioWare "Considering" Mass Effect 3 Ending Feedback

The Mass Effect Facebook Page has word that, contrary to previous indications, BioWare is actively looking at the negative backlash to the conclusion of Mass Effect 3 and the resolution of the Commander Shepard trilogy in the action/RPG series (which has apparently inspired FTC complaints). Here's word:

We are aware that there are concerns about a recent post from this account regarding the ending of the game. In this post it was stated that at this time we do not have plans to change the ending.

We would like to clarify that we are actively and seriously taking all player feedback into consideration and have ruled nothing out. At this time we are still collecting and considering your feedback and have not made a decision regarding requests to change the ending.

Your feedback and opinions are of the utmost importance to us. We apologize for any confusion this has caused. Our top priority regarding this discussion is to keep communication with you, our loyal fans, open and productive.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

11. Re: BioWare Mar 19, 2012, 10:29 meezookeewee

InBlack wrote on Mar 19, 2012, 10:19:
Let me get something straight before I start talking shit. What exactly was the problem with the ending (I havent played the game)

Did it complete the story-arc of Shephard?

What I read online, without going into the spoilers, is that the ending basically ignored all your previous choices so far and ended it the same way regardless of how you played the game?

So the problem is not in 'a' particular ending, but rather the lack of multiple endings. Am I right about this or was it something more generic, like bad writing?

That's it AND bad writing. Mass Effect 3 ended with a whimper, not a bang. I wasn't expecting a happy ending per se, but I was expecting something that had an explanation about the aftermath of the war. Instead, they ended it with a cliffhanger.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

Blue's News logo