Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

On Sale

There's a big week-long sale on Origin, where many titles are 50% off.

• inMomentum on Steam. Save 50%.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

6. Re: More Than A Few On Sale Mar 13, 2012, 01:01 Dev

Jerykk wrote on Mar 13, 2012, 00:56:
If EA advertised in the terms I suggested ( "UP TO 50% off on select titles") then it would at least be honest advertising. I don't expect them to put ME3 on sale this soon, but they could at least be honest about it.

While it's true that they aren't putting anything new on sale, there are more than 15 games on sale. The ones shown in the link are just the top-selling ones. If you browse the site, you'll see many more titles on sale.

Doesn't change much. Still false advertising (both scope and percentage off), and their interface (both web and origin itself) still sux nutz, and EA's history is still the same.

I click on DEALS on the upper right to try and see what titles are actually on sale and it just takes me right back to the 15 title list. kinda like a loop. In fact, not even "mr origin fanboi" in the other post could figure out they offered more than 15 titles on sale or he would have mentioned it in his post. If I click to expand the 50% off and then click SEE OTHER TITLES it just takes me in a loop to the home page which at the top shows titles NOT on sale. With steam, I can click SPECIALS and get a list of every single title on sale at that instant. What am I supposed to do with origins, hunt in the dropdowns (since they have no NEXT page button) all the 17 pages of PC games and read each of the 170+ prices to see wtf is on sale?

EA, here's a protip: Give your programmers an extra $5 and ask them to put in NEXT buttons on your pages, you know, those little things with arrows on them like this >. Also, it would make it a lot easier for your customers to find things they want to buy if you had all the sale items of a platform in one place. There's this little tiny thing called IMPULSE BUYING that should be encouraged, not discouraged.

I've got a lot of steam titles and I have a few origin titles (purchased before EA rethemed their d/l service), and I'm interested in seeing whats on a good sale, especially older titles 50% off that I don't have yet. I also don't see DLC listed in origins for the titles I'm interested in like mass effect 2. I'm guessing they want me to go through yet another interface to get that. They seem to just LOVE making it hard for customers to find and get stuff they want.

This comment was edited on Mar 13, 2012, 01:17.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo