Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Evening Mobilization

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

9. Re: Evening Mobilization Feb 28, 2012, 09:56 SpectralMeat

Well my point is that what good a high end smart phone does if the battery doesn't last? Let's say you travel a lot and have a high end phone and you want to do (high pathetically speaking) presentations, word document editing, gaming and watching some netflix on your phone. Sure let's get the quad core super duper cell phone. Since you are traveling you have no access to outlets to charge your phone so what the heck are you going to do with all that horsepower in your phone when as soon as you start using any of the demanding applications your battery will drain.

I understand the argument about the quad core vs dual core in battery savings but I don't see that is going to be the case when you are running demanding apps. You might see a minimal battery life difference in between quad core and dual core but to be hones I think quad core will drink more juice no matter what.

All I am saying is that these companies are so eager to put more features and more things your phone can do (that by the way 90% of smart phone users will never use anyways) but the battery life left behind in the dust. Sure your phone can run 3D games and you can play games on the go, but what good does it do to you if the battery lasts you an hour?

There are tablets, netbooks and all kinds of other mobile devices that can serve you as a mobile gaming, office running machines. I personally don't think cellphones should be your media player in your pocket. The screen sizes on some of those new phones like the Galaxy Nexus or the new Galaxy Note is way too big for a cell phone imo.

Steam: SpectralMeat
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

Blue's News logo