Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Tribes Ascend Changes

Hi-Rez Studios announces significant changes for Tribes Ascend, based on feedback from closed beta testing of this upcoming continuation of the Tribes series of multiplayer first-person shooters. Word is they are shaking up their planned class structure, and will be adding more of the flexibility players have been requesting. Here's word on the next update to the game's ongoing closed beta test, which is available to those who preorder through the Tribes Ascend Website, along with some of those who have signed up for the beta:

The next update will include additional class customization and a much more polished user interface that really showcases the sci-fi, high resolution graphics of Tribes: Ascend. Hi-Rez will be collapsing the total number of playable classes from 12 to 9, but adding the ability for players to unlock new weapons for each class and further customize their loadout. Three of the nine classes will be available right away so a new player will have access to a Light, Medium, and Heavy class in his or her first match.

“We believe this system preserves class-based combat while also offering additional flexibility for players to customize classes around individual play style. It continues to provide a balanced and level playing field for all players.”

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

89. Re: Tribes Ascend Changes Feb 3, 2012, 14:35 Overon

Jerykk wrote on Feb 3, 2012, 12:31:
its not a "problem".. you clearly havent played the game - you can unlock plenty of things in 2 or 3 days playtime, with no money spent.. the money and the xp unlock the same things, and its a very quick process

Sigh. Yes, I have played the game. And no, you're missing the point. It doesn't matter how long it takes to unlock things. Even if you could unlock everything within a few days (which you can't), the simple fact that you start with basically nothing means new players are at an inherent disadvantage. Take two equally skilled players and give one of them all the unlockables while the other has none. The player with the unlockables has a distinct advantage. This isn't really debatable. It's common sense.
Jerykk I would argue that the advantage you speak of is minor. Some people have huge monitors or multiple monitors and tribes 2 ascend lets you set your own FOV by actually typing the number of your FOV desired into the gui. You can say that someone with multiple huge monitors or a faster PC has an advantage and I would agree with you. But I really think the advantage of some of those upgrades is a minor advantage that I'm willing to live with.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo