Electronic Arts' Q3 FY12 Financial Results
are online. Here's the summary: "Non-GAAP net revenue of $1,651 million exceeded our guidance of $1,550 million to $1,650 million. Non-GAAP diluted earnings per share of $0.99 exceeded our guidance of $0.85 to $0.95. Non-GAAP net revenue in Q3 fiscal 2012 was higher as compared to Q3 fiscal 2011 driven by digital growth and by the successful launches of Battlefield 3 and Star Wars: The Old Republic." This is accompanied by a list of highlights:
- Star Wars®: The Old Republic™ has generated 1.7 million active subscribers and sold through more than 2 million units in a little over one month.
- Battlefield 3™ and FIFA 12 each sold through more than 10 million units. Madden NFL 12 has sold through almost 5 million units life-to-date.
- EA was the number one publisher by segment share in Western markets for the calendar year, where EA segment share grew by 3% to 20% in Europe and by 1% to 17% in North America.
- PopCap — which joined EA in August has grown revenue by 30 percent on a trailing-twelve-month basis.
- EA's Playfish social gaming network released Risk™: Factions in partnership with Hasbro.
- EA was the number one game publisher in the Apple App StoreSM in December. In December, EA's first free-to-play mobile game, The Sims™: FreePlay, reached the number one position on the list of top-grossing iPad® Apps.
- EA's Nucleus registration system now has a database of more than 168 million consumers.
- Origin™ — EA's direct-to-consumer digital service has registered more than 9.3 million consumers and generated more than $100 million in non-GAAP revenue since launch. Origin has publishing agreements with Warner Brothers, THQ, CapCom and recently added 11 new publishing partners including Trion and Robot Entertainment.
- Non-GAAP digital revenue exceeded $1 billion in calendar year 2011 and continues to grow significantly with new subscriptions, micro-transactions and advertising.