Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Consolidation

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

8. Re: Consolidation Dec 30, 2011, 21:33 ViRGE

DarkCntry wrote on Dec 30, 2011, 17:26:
Warskull wrote on Dec 30, 2011, 16:47:
DarkCntry wrote on Dec 30, 2011, 11:59:
Halo wrote on Dec 30, 2011, 10:59:
Is this also a question of poor passwords or actual hacking? If your xbox live account password is 123456 then you're to blame. The password system is there for your protection and is up to you as an individual to maintain a level of security for yourself.

Considering mine was a 16-digit randomized alphanumeric with case-sensitivity password, then I doubt it was due to a poor password. Of course, I am not even sure Live supports case-sensitivity.

As per that article it took me actually contacting the BBB for them to even give me information regarding the status of my migrated account, which over 38 days since I originally involved MS and well past the 25 day statement, had not even been started on the investigation.

Now I've been in contact with them for a couple weeks now with constant updates.

Was there any chance what-so-ever you fell victim to phishing? Microsoft/EA's go to excuse is that the people are victims of phishing. However, a lot of people are saying it is not due to phishing, but some sort of major security flaw with EA's account system.

Both Microsoft and EA deserve the blame for how poorly they have been handling this.

Highly improbable that it was phishing, at least not on my end. With the lack of emails to get scammed by, and the inherent hatred of 'giving out my information', that leaves little in the way for it to be my fault.
Exactly.

There are too many technology literate people who are doing all the right things and still having their accounts hacked for this to merely be phishing. Somehow, somewhere, hackers have gained the ability to break into arbitrary or semi-arbitrary accounts. And Microsoft is doing everything they can to deny it.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

Blue's News logo