Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Origin/EA Bans Follow-up

Rock, Paper, Shotgun has a follow-up on recent reports of game bans in EA games resulting from forum activity. They have a statement from EA covering why players get banned, and their plan to reevaluate how this operates:

With every game and service EA offers, we take the satisfaction of our customers very seriously. We discourage cheating and strive to maintain a high level of integrity in both our games and our forums. Therefore when someone violates our Terms of Service, we are forced to take actions that can include suspensions and other measures. We do not take those decisions lightly however the integrity of our services and the satisfaction of our customers requires a clear set of rules.

We have listened to our customers and are planning a policy update which will include more equitable rules on suspensions we want to make sure the time fits the crime. As with all technology updates, these changes take some time to implement. Meanwhile, we urge any user with a question about suspensions or our policies to please contact us at (866) 543-5435 so we can address their specific situation.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

24. Re: Origin/EA Bans Follow-up Nov 18, 2011, 07:33 Zadig

InBlack wrote on Nov 18, 2011, 06:22:
How many of you who posted here bought Battlefield3? Now how many of those who did buy it hate EA with a passion?

I hate to break it to you guys, but you are the reason why EA will continue to poke you (and all of its other customers) with its pointy end in the ass indefinitely...

I sure didn't. The only EA series I remember playing this year are Mass Effect & The Sims. Both were bought for peanuts and were disappointing enough that I'm not sure I'd play future ones. I'll never use Origin as long as Steam & Amazon still exist.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo