Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Splash Damage's Next Game "One of the Biggest American Pop Culture Brands"

A story on IndustryGamers on seven U.K. studios offers an interesting statement about the next project from Brink developer Splash Damage (thanks VG247):

You know Splash Damage from Brink, an online multiplayer shooter that saw limited success earlier in the year. But at a time when Modern Warfare 3 and Battlefield 3 are going head-to-head, it feels like the product of another age.

After its release there was some cruel chatter that Splash Damage might go the way of Bizarre or Black Rock, split apart after an expensive failure. However, being independent, the company has managed to sign at least one unannounced project for a major entertainment brand. The online multiplayer technology is already in place, and once a collection of well-known characters are laid over the top of an even more polished Brink engine there's going to be a lot of excitement from genre fans.

The game will be based on one of the biggest American pop culture brands of the last 50 years, and there's no doubt Splash Damage can do the licence justice. However, the project's success will depend a great deal on the backing it gets from the media company that owns the IP a company widely believed to have given up on the console publishing business.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

17. Re: Splash Damage's Next Game Nov 17, 2011, 12:29 Overon

The Mythbusters have demonstrated that you can indeed polish a turd.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo