Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Minecraft Sells 4M; MineCon & Version 1.0 Approach

The Word of Notch expresses the Minecraft creator's nervousness over the coming next week's MineCon 2011. This is in part because it will also mark the sandbox game's departure from beta and the release of version 1.0, which means reviews will start appearing. The game has already sold over four million units(!), and this also means that just 10 days remain to get the game at a 25% prerelease discount. Here's word:

It does feel like the game has already proven itself. Lots of people play the game, and we receive a lot of friendly and positive emails from players. Weíve won several amazing awards, so several people in the industry seems to enjoy what weíve done. Now itís just the press left.

Itís a bit weird, but gaming scores have become so big and bloated, I canít help but feel like I would be disappointed with a score that would be a great score for something like a movie or a music album. And even if the score means relatively little compared to the players and the awards, itís a distinct number people will use to compare the game to other games.

But what REALLY makes me nervous is the fact that Iím going to have to do at least some public speaking at MineCon. Iím fine with meeting fans and signing stuff, and even with having my picture taken, but standing on stage and trying to get a point across really terrifies me.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

11. Re: Minecraft Sells 4M; MineCon & Version 1.0 Approach Nov 7, 2011, 13:49 Beamer

Donkey_Punch wrote on Nov 7, 2011, 12:16:
space captain wrote on Nov 7, 2011, 12:12:
what world do you live in

A world with unicorns, silly. A world that game companies follow through on their promises to their customers.

In any case that promise had zero to do with you buying it. It wasn't like there was a condition "if you buy this you get the source code."

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo