Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

On the TrackMania 2: Canyon Launch

In response to a forum question about data suggesting 70,000 copies of TrackMania 2: Canyon have shipped since the release of the racing sequel, a follow-up post by Nadeo CEO Florent 'Hylis' Castelnerac offers his outlook on the game's launch (thanks Frans). He notes that multiplatform games like BF3 have an advantage in terms of sheer numbers, but also that TrackMania United is up to 500K sales after their previous racing game sold on 9,000 copies in its first month of availability. He also outlines how this fits into their future plans:

Also, we have divided our work on Maniaplanet, TrackMania 2, ShootMania and QuestMania. But even on TrackMania 2, it is split between environments. So, for our studio, it was important to have Maniaplanet up and running and first title out. Maniaplanet 2 is coming. Once the platform is more developped, it will also be better for new players, even if as a player, I like to see things evolve, and I think that to be in at the moment is good. The price is very unlikely to drop, so you have more when you get earlier ^_^

The most important thing to see is that Maniaplanet is what we do. It is a multiple title strategy with updates in the pipe. We made many short term sacrifices in order to be stronger on the long term. With one environment, one mode, ManiaPlanet 1, only racing genre, not much marketing, only direct sells, no price reduction and no demo, some reviews that suffered maybe a little of all this (even if sites like Eurogamer, Destructoid gave 9/10), we still made a good number on PC. There is 2215 players online at the moment (the connected solo is quite popular) It would rank #29 on Steam and nearly top #20 out of Valve games. And it is without saying it would be the #1 racing game.

So, the goal now is to release Maniaplanet 2, that will concentrate on mode making and economical system. Then it will be the time for the first version of ShootMania. We are less than two months after release and things are shapping up well. Nadeo Live is also building itself up as well to support all this.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

1. Re: On the TrackMania 2: Canyon Launch Nov 1, 2011, 18:32 inveigle88

Enouph talk aready, just tell me when it is coming to steam? I played an internal build and the interface is the same as the previous incarnation of TrackMania, so quite whinging on and on about proprietary blah, blah, blah...  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo