Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Footage

YouTube trailer that's no longer available thanks to a copyright claim by ZeniMax Media is posted on Kotaku (copyrights be damned), showing off over 20 minutes of the beginning of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, Bethesda's upcoming RPG sequel. The clip includes the opening cinematic, intro sequence, character creation, and more, so it definitely should be avoided by those who don't want to spoil the experience when Skyrim is released a week from Friday.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

19. Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Footage Oct 31, 2011, 13:19 Alamar

Acleacius wrote on Oct 31, 2011, 12:07:
Skyrim is released a week from Friday.
Damn it, stop making me think about it, Blue! Please

My only warning about watching....

Worst part of watching this is seeing it played by a young console gamer. Not that I have anything against young gamers (he used his real name Mike to play a Nord....just Mike....Mike....the Nord Rolleyes ) or consoles (well ok, they suck the life and creativity out of games but....). The problem is he just GOES, rarely investigates anything even....well I won't spoil any particular part. For the most part Mike (the Nord) seems to want to, Get To Something or Somewhere, then Pass It By.

Hurry Lets Run Somewhere, stop for 5 seconds, then off we go again. It's like watching a 5 year old. Winkrazz

or... he either has a limited time to play it (unlikely maybe; I don't know), or wants to show as much of the game as possible in the short clip posted...

Much like (most of) the GW2 (or any game?) initial videos that go along the same path... For the same reasons...

Anyhow... a lot of people complain on this site about any game that isn't the first in a series, because they're passionate about it (good), but can't seem to fathom the idea (bad) that some reviews and players, which the reviewers represent are new to the series... And just sound like grumpy curmudgeons about it : )

Also... Gamers, by nature and 'definition', are prone to elements that get diagnosed by ADHD in our current culture... Not kiddy gamers... not console gamers... Just gamers : ) And I realize some will argue that since they're not that way (and likely older), that there's a correlation... And to that, I point to all the old gamers that have ADHD or OCD elements (and that games are meant to promote it : ).

/Rant

-Alamar

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

Blue's News logo