Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Ships Ahoy - Deus Ex: Human Revolution - The Missing Link

Square Enix announces the North American release of The Missing Link, the new DLC for Deus Ex: Human Revolution, Eidos Montreal's action/RPG prequel. Here are some new screenshots and a new launch trailer, and here's word on the new content this offers:

Tortured by Belltower agents and with his augmentations disabled, Adam Jensen must escape from a freighter destined for an unknown location. Jensen uncovers a new layer of conspiracy, befriends new allies, and fights ruthless enemies to discover what was happening in the shadows during the events of DEUS EX: HUMAN REVOLUTION!

“We are thrilled to bring DEUS EX: HUMAN REVOLUTION - The Missing Link to fans,” said David Anfossi, producer of DEUS EX: HUMAN REVOLUTION at Eidos-Montreal. “This unique DLC provides an enhanced DEUS EX: HUMAN REVOLUTION experience with deeper insight into the conspiracy, visual improvements, new characters and enemies, and a twist on gameplay elements.”

DEUS EX: HUMAN REVOLUTION - The Missing Link is available at a cost of 1200 Microsoft Points via the Xbox LIVE® Marketplace (XBLM) for Xbox 360, and $14.99 on the PlayStation®Network and Windows PC platforms. Providing an average of four to six hours of compelling gameplay, players will be able to earn ten new achievements/trophies and 250 Xbox Gamerscore points. Players must own DEUS EX: HUMAN REVOLUTION in order to download and play DEUS EX: HUMAN REVOLUTION – The Missing Link.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

25. Re: Ships Ahoy - Deus Ex: Human Revolution - The Missing Link Oct 19, 2011, 17:49 jimnms

StingingVelvet wrote on Oct 19, 2011, 14:07:
I find it amusing that the stuff you get from XP you say was useless, but then you still went way out of your way and altered your play style just to farm said useless XP. You DO have OCD! You do get XP from headshots though, which is a bonus for lethal that equals the non-lethal bonus. The only unbalanced thing is the ghost bonus really, and you can get that lethally as long as you use silenced weapons.

I didn't "farm" the XP system, I discovered it doing the mission where you have to get into that abandoned warehouse that turns out to be the FEMA place. Once I snuck past everyone and reached the elevator, it triggered the end of that part of the mission, and gave me the bonuses for ghost, etc. I realized there was still unexplored places, and I wanted to go back to the guy at the beginning of the level and sell some crap. After triggering the end of the mission, it didn't matter if you were spotted or an alarm went off because you already had your bonuses. I obviously didn't do that because I got the achievement for not setting off alarms. I did sneak back out to explore the rest of the map, knocking people out along the way.

And you don't get the same XP for going lethal or non lethal. A non lethal take-down gives you 50 XP, and a head shot with the tranquilizer gives you a total of 40 XP. A head shot with a gun gives you 20 XP.

Steam Profile
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

Blue's News logo