Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

DICE: Battlefield 3 Beta "Mission Accomplished"

IGN quotes DICE creative director Lars Gustavsson on the topic of the Battlefield 3 open beta test. As far as putting the military shooter sequel through its paces, he's making a note here, "huge success":

"Looking at the open beta, for us at DICE it's truly been a huge success," said Gustavsson. "We could have been better in how we messaged this to the community, what we were doing and why it's not as polished as a final demo but there is a reason we called it a beta and not a demo."

"This test was done so we would get as many eyes as possible on the game code to ensure a good release, and that means hammering the back end, seeing that the servers hold up, making sure we get all the telemetry we need, that all the hooks are working and also getting a good first take on the balancing of the game. What is the score progression? How are people doing?

"But of course also Origin and Battlelog, all of these things that we need to get ready for the final ship. So for us it's been really useful and I would really say mission accomplished. Once again, yes, there is a vocal community out there but I wouldn't like to have it any other way. It's dedication and passion when people speak up and there's nothing wrong with passion."

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

25. Re: DICE: Battlefield 3 Beta "Mission Accomplished" Oct 17, 2011, 13:00 Smooth Gravy

I'm also looking forward to release. I thought the beta went relatively well and look forward to seeing all the maps and playing with my clan mates. To me, battlelog is a pretty smart idea. Social networking is obviously huge right now and they are trying to appeal to the masses. I would also assume that it will be a matter of time before someone comes up with a way to implement a shortcut on your desktop that takes you right into a favorite server, bypassing the need to mess around in battlelog.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo