Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Tribes: Ascend Beta Specs

Hi-Rez Studios officially announces the Tribes: Ascend closed beta testing they first revealed last week. As previously revealed, this will commence on November 4th, and those interested in participating can sign up on the Tribes: Ascend Website. They also reveal that you can take the chance out of this equation by preordering the game, saying: "This initial phase of Closed Beta will include Hi-Rez-managed servers in North America, Europe, and Australia, and will include a subset of content and features planned for the launch release. Additional information regarding the features included in the initial Closed Beta can be found in the online FAQ." That FAQ also reveals system specs for the beta:

The system requirements for the launch version of Tribes: Ascend have not yet been finalized. However, below are the minimum and recommended system requirements to participate in the Tribes: Ascend Closed Beta.

Minimum requirements

• Processor: Core 2 Duo 2.4 GHz or Althon X2 2.7 GHz
  • RAM: 2GB (XP), 3GB (Vista, Win7)
  • Graphic card: ATI or Nvidia graphics card with 512MB video ram or better and Shader Model 3.0+ support. (ATI Radeon 3870 or higher, Nvidia GeForce 8800 GT or higher).
  • Sound card: DirectX compatible sound card
  • Hard drive: 10 GB free

Recommended system requirements

• Processor: Quad-core Intel or AMD CPU
  • RAM: 4GB
  • Graphics card: ATI or Nvidia graphics card with 1GB video ram or better and Shader Model 3.0+ support (Nvidia GeForce GTX 560+ or ATI Radeon 6950+).
  • Sound card: DirectX compatible sound card
  • Hard drive: 10 GB free

Note: Due to potential programming changes, the Minimum System Requirements for Tribe: Ascend may change over time.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

10. Re: Tribes: Ascend Beta Specs Oct 12, 2011, 23:43 Jerykk

So you're basically paying to avoid grinding so you can use more than one armor type and two weapons at launch.

I really do want to look forward to this game but every single design decision they've made thus far has pissed me off. I thought T:V made a lot of stupid choices but they don't hold a candle to the ones that HR has made.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

Blue's News logo