Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Aliens: Colonial Marines Trailers

The SEGA Blog now offers the E3 presentation from Aliens: Colonial Marines, Gearbox Software's upcoming shooter based on the sci-fi series. Word is: "It’s here – the footage you’ve been waiting for – Aliens: Colonial Marines! We have a true treat for fans who have been waiting so patiently (soooo patiently!) for footage of the upcoming SEGA and Gearbox title. We have an 11 minute video that details a single encounter in the upcoming game, narrated expertly by the one and only Randy Pitchford of Gearbox." There's also an gameplay walkthrough video on GamePro, along with discussion of their anticipation for the game.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

33. Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines Trailers Oct 1, 2011, 17:36 Fantaz

Drezden wrote on Oct 1, 2011, 15:51:
theyarecomingforyou wrote on Oct 1, 2011, 13:25:
Doombringer wrote on Oct 1, 2011, 12:42:
If you don't want 'scripted' or 'highly scripted' then play Serious Sam. Most modern FPSes have some scripting or 'on rails' feel to them, because if they didn't then other players would be crying that there's no "story" or that the game is "too freeform and lacking direction."
I couldn't disagree more. The games that do well are those that are scripted but don't feel like they are - Half-Life / HL2 were good examples of that. And when looking at modern games you have Deus Ex: Human Revolution, Far Cry 2, Borderlands and the STALKER games to show you how games don't have to be scripted but can still be compelling. You also have your heavily scripted games that feel artificially restricted, like Call Of Duty and Medal Of Honor - games that feel restrictive because of how transparent the gameplay mechanics are.

Despite the success of Call Of Duty - which is mostly based upon the multiplayer - the genre has moved past heavily scripted and linear gameplay. Just take a game like RAGE or, although an RPG, Skyrim. They're promoting open worlds with more freeform gameplay. The last thing I want to see is a return to room-room-corridor-room-corridor-outsidearea-corridor-room... waitforscriptedevent-corridor-room, etc. Open worlds with directed action are where gaming is heading and they're a lot more enjoyable.

Did it ever occur to you that a story driven Aliens game just does not work well with an Open World environment? It's supposed to be cramped, and full of corridors, it's fucking Aliens. You're looking to the wrong IP for big open areas and pretty trees and fields bub.

This game looks awesome, fuck the naysayers.

I wouldn't say the game "looks awesome", given the extended development time and just being a console port the graphics kind of look outdated to me, as far as PC titles go.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo