Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

MechWarrior Reboot News Nears

Since everyone just loves announcements about announcements, a tweet by Russ Bullock of Piranha Games has word that we may finally be getting some details about their plans for a MechWarrior reboot in about a month: "Hang in there #MechWarrior fans, but take a deep breath it may be another month or so" (thanks Hump). In the meantime, here's what it says on the Piranha Games website about this:

Fresh off our work with Luxoflux-Activision on Transformers2 for Xbox 360 and PS3, Piranha Games is partnering with Jordan Weismann, creator of the BattleTech universe, to develop the all new MechWarrior game. Set in the traditional BattleTech world, the new game is paying homage to 25 years of history and fan dedication with a complete reboot of the MechWarrior series.

The new MechWarrior is set on the planet Deshler in the year 3015 and places you in the role of Adrian Khol, a wayward nobleman who prefers partying and shirking responsibility over his training and studies. However, when House Kurita launches a massive invasion to conquer Deshler, resulting in the death of his entire family, Khol discovers a purpose to fight for.

Gamers will pilot a deadly BattleMech and use information warfare to dominate a dynamic-destructive urban battlefield. The game features include classic and new mechs from the BattleTech universe with persistent character development and plans for a single player campaign, as well as, co-op, and multiplayer gameplay.
“There are ambitious plans for this new MechWarrior”, says Russ Bullock, President of Piranha Games. “We want to capture the sense that you're piloting a giant, walking war machine in the middle of an incredibly dynamic battlefield”.

“Nothing is ever as satisfying as unleashing the kind of firepower that only a mech contains and watching it ravage your target” says Jordan Weisman of Smith & Tinker and co-founder of the BattleTech / MechWarrior.

MechWarrior is being developed for the PC and the Xbox 360.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

13. Re: MechWarrior Reboot News Nears Sep 29, 2011, 13:03 Burrito of Peace

SWEET! Color me stoked!  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

Blue's News logo