Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Gone Gold - Nuclear Dawn

Nuclear Dawn is officially gold, and the now complete real-time strategy/first-person shooter will be released via Steam tonight (the game still offers a 10% pre-purchase discount), and via other digital distributors "at a later date." Iceberg Interactive is also offering a 10% discount on preorders of a boxed edition for some European territories, saying: "Iceberg will be rewarding buyers of Nuclear Dawn “Plutonium Edition” (the name of the retail version) with two must-have bonus materials: a gorgeous full colour art book and a soundtrack CD." Here's word on the game:

In Nuclear Dawn, you take the role of a soldier and explore war-torn post-apocalyptic landscapes, modelled on modern cities. Take the fight to your enemies as armoured, assault or stealth infantry, using various weapons across ten distinct load-outs to accomplish your objectives. The first person shooter action in Nuclear Dawn is hard, fast and unforgiving, with weapons that rely on skill and tactics more than on twitch reflexes and map memorization.

Then, take Nuclear Dawn above the action, and play as the commander. Organize your fellow players in squads, and assign them to tactical objectives. Plan the resource routes for your army, and production of your structures for forward deployment. Exploit the terrain and resource point locations to block your enemies’ advance, and crush their plans in an iron fist. Research and implement new technologies to give your soldiers the edge on the battlefield, and set up forward bases to lead the assault on your enemies, with a full complement of defensive and offensive structures to choose from, to build your perfect fortress.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

2. Re: Gone Gold - Nuclear Dawn Sep 26, 2011, 11:11 JaguarUSF

I've been playing the beta for an impending review. The strategy elements are really light (a very tiny tech tree) and turrets are very powerful and can only be damaged by two of the 10 class loadouts. Games last about 3 times longer than they should because it's so hard to destroy buildings yet very easy to get them built. There are no AI bots to play against. The HUD is neat.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo