Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

About a month ago I wrote about our visit to a TacoMac in Atlanta to try their ominously named "death" wings, which, while not nearly as fatal as the name implies, were certainly the spiciest I've ever eaten. Yesterday I came across a bottle of Stubb's Wicked Chicken Wing Sauce that I picked up somewhere along the way, but had never tried, so I used it to make a batch of wings on the man-stove. It turns out the "wicked" part is not understated, as these had a flavor quite reminiscent of those aforementioned death wings, and might even be a touch hotter. I find this surprising, as this seems a quantum leap past the level of spiciness that the typical person is willing to eat, and it seems odd to find such a product on a store shelf without being labeled to indicate just what you are getting into by eating them; something like "death," or perhaps a skull and crossbones. I'm working on a new scheme for naming foods based on their spiciness, and I think these qualify for the most extreme level, which is "weapons-grade."

Hey, today marks this year's return of one of the most violent things you'll see on television. Of course I speak of the Giants/Eagles game. On a much more family-friendly note, Boardwalk Empire also returns.

Violent Links: Thanks Ant and Mike Martinez and Acleacius.
Play: Vector Stunt.
Links: Hand-Bound Oblivion Book of the Day.
Stories: X-ray reveals hidden Goya painting. Thanks TDW Geeks.
Pope Beer Commemorates State Visit to Germany. Thanks brother19.
Rent-A-Guinea Pig Service Takes Off in Switzerland. Thanks brother19.
Science: Scientists Disarm AIDS Virusí Attack on Immune System. Thanks Slashdot.
Media: Splinter Cell: Lightbulb Assassin.
Conan O'Brien's Gears of War 3 Sketch.
Party FAILS. Don't drink and be stupid.
The Funnies: Chuck & Beans. Thanks TDW Geeks.
Evolution of a coffee addict. Thanks TDW Geeks.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

21. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 26, 2011, 05:51 hoolaparara

zirik wrote on Sep 26, 2011, 02:36:
space captain wrote on Sep 25, 2011, 16:00:
the custom of eating spicy foods is derived from the hot/tropical regions various cultures because eating spicy foods makes you perspire which cools the body down

you clearly have never been to hot/tropical regions where you dont need to eat spicy food to sweat. the high humidity will be enough to make your skin feel like wet sponge. and it wont cool your body down since sweat simply builds up and does not evaporate.

I agree on the tropics.

I was under the impression spicy food was invented to cover up for rotten meat.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

Blue's News logo