Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

NVIDIA on PC Gaming Sales and Performance Uptrends

Techgage and PC Perspective both offer reports based on a conference call conducted by NVIDIA to discuss gaming trends on the PC platform. They provide results of some research conducted by DFC Intelligence to suggest that not only is PC gaming not on the wane, as some have suggested, but that revenues from PC games will surpass consoles by 2014, offering a graph showing the uptrend in sales via digital distribution, online subscriptions, and microtransactions being a major part of this equation. True to NVIDIA's business, they also offer a graph showing the steady improvement in PC graphics performance in the past six years compared that with console graphics performance, which obviously has not changed at all over that span. They start at 2005 showing PC graphics performance about 80% higher than the Xbox 360, and the uptrend that leads to the present, where graphics performance on the PC is shown to be nearly 900% higher than on the 360.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

23. Re: NVIDIA on PC Gaming Sales and Performance Uptrends Sep 22, 2011, 22:03 Lorcin

Beamer wrote on Sep 22, 2011, 18:47:
PC releases occasionally come out months later due to piracy concerns.

PC releases often come out months later because the team is being pressed for time and need to focus on getting a good product out the door by the release date. Rather than let all 3 platforms slip a small amount they let the platform that needs the most individual work yet will sell the least slip for a long amount.

PC releases also often come out months later because a different team works on them and they can't complete until the other versions are done.

But don't let the conspiracy train stop.

I'm not saying if I believe that or not but as I've been a PC Gamer since Doom (1) I honestly have to say PC gamers are the connoisseurs. A well built pc game is like an aged singled malt whiskey - the best the lager boys on the consoles can hope is that their cheap lager doesn't give them too bad a headache.

There's the odd beer like god of war which is worth a nights drinking - but for the most part lets leave the plebs to their lager. Bring on the whiskey.

PS I actually hate whiskey - but vodka didn't fit the tone

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

Blue's News logo