Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

NVIDIA on PC Gaming Sales and Performance Uptrends

Techgage and PC Perspective both offer reports based on a conference call conducted by NVIDIA to discuss gaming trends on the PC platform. They provide results of some research conducted by DFC Intelligence to suggest that not only is PC gaming not on the wane, as some have suggested, but that revenues from PC games will surpass consoles by 2014, offering a graph showing the uptrend in sales via digital distribution, online subscriptions, and microtransactions being a major part of this equation. True to NVIDIA's business, they also offer a graph showing the steady improvement in PC graphics performance in the past six years compared that with console graphics performance, which obviously has not changed at all over that span. They start at 2005 showing PC graphics performance about 80% higher than the Xbox 360, and the uptrend that leads to the present, where graphics performance on the PC is shown to be nearly 900% higher than on the 360.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

12. Re: NVIDIA on PC Gaming Sales and Performance Uptrends Sep 22, 2011, 17:05 Creston

WaltC wrote on Sep 22, 2011, 16:59:
Creston wrote on Sep 22, 2011, 16:52:
necrosis wrote on Sep 22, 2011, 16:17:
So why do PC versions come out months after their console counterparts again?

Because idiot publishers believe that that will somehow magically lessen piracy.

Creston

Yea, the sentiment about that is crazy...;) I mean, all you have to do is Google or Bing "copying xbox 360 disks" and you'll see pages of "how to's"...;) I was surprised, actually, by how rampant the practice of bootlegging console gaming DVDs apparently is--you'd think it was non-existent listening to some folks.

Well, not only that, but if someone is determined to pirate it on the PC, they'll just wait a month and pirate it then. I think the amount of people who have a mentality of "I will either pirate it now, but if I can't, I'll spend 60 bucks on the inferior console version" can be counted on no hands. Ie, they don't exist.

Creston

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo