Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

Under the better late than never file, over the weekend MrsBlue and I finally got around to finishing Game of Thrones, which was backed up on our DVR since it first aired. Its debut was right around the time of another medieval-style fantasy piece, Camelot, and another period piece, The Borgias, and by the time we decided those two were big old bags of meh, we got sort of burnt out on the whole thing for the moment, though we knew GoT was a keeper. Boy did that pay off, as that was some impressive television. It was also nice to be able to watch multiple episodes back-to-back at will, though now that we're caught up in it, we'll surely watch season two as each episode comes out.

Game of Links: Thanks Ant and Mike Martinez and Acleacius.
Play: Siege Hero: Viking Vengeance.
Dungeon Cleaner.
Links: 6 Things the Film Industry Doesn’t Want You to Know About. Thanks Neatorama.
Top 10 Worst Changes Made to Star Wars. Thanks Digg.
Constellation Reformation.
Stories: UFO reports spiked over the summer. Thanks brother19.
IKEA introduces MANLAND, the creche for retail-weary men. Thanks Neatorama.
Boxing champ Valuev joins hunt for Siberian yeti. Thanks brother19.
Media: Stunning timelapse of the Earth from the ISS. Thanks Krovven.
Simpsons Apollo 13 Trailer of the Day.
Tom Selleck's moustache improves EVERYTHING.
The Funnies: Virtual Shackles: Game Ender.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

4. Re: It's true Sep 20, 2011, 11:09  Blue 

InBlack wrote on Sep 20, 2011, 10:53:
I would even recommend you pick up the books Blue, if you liked the series you will love the books. Granted if youre not an avid reader you might find them a bit daunting, by page count alone.

But its well worth it, and it wont spoil the series for you one bit. At least it didnt in my case.

I have several friends who are fans of the books who are pushing me to read them. I do plan on doing so, but I am thinking I want to wait until the series is actually complete so I don't have to share their agony of waiting five years for new installments to arrive. It's hard enough already to stand the wait until the TV series resumes next year.

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip
Blue's News Publisher, Editor-in-Chief, El Presidente for Life
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo