Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Borderlands 2 ShakyCam Footage

There's some Borderlands 2 ShakyCam gameplay footage on the YouTube shot off a monitor at a recent behind-closed-doors showing of Gearbox's upcoming role-playing shooter sequel. The clip features Randy Pitchford's narration explaining the setting of the game and offering details about the weapons being show, including disposable guns; enemies and some politically incorrect use of little people; as well as some co-op play. Time may be of the essence here, as this may suffer a takedown at any time. Thanks VG247.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

9. Re: Borderlands 2 ShakyCam Footage Sep 4, 2011, 17:12 Rattlehead

Ludomancer wrote on Sep 4, 2011, 15:04:
The game has some seriously messy art direction as well. Contrast and color are all over the place. No focal points. No distinction between forground and background, playable/non-playable space, etc. Lots of effort being put into really stupid ideas as well, like their "menus are in the world now!" and "enemies can climb walls to get to you!" (can the player climb walls? no? why not? A: bad design).

How much effort or development time did they put into strapping that stupid midget to the bosses shield like that? Probably not enough to justify the one-time chuckle it gets you.

I think things are a mess at Gearbox. They don't look like they have any good leadership in the areas that count right now. It looks like the product of a team of people pushing things together willy-nilly with no ultimate vision or direction.

The first game was a total patchwork itself, only barely held together by a semi-interesting random-drop system. Since they've removed that sole interesting mechanic, this is going to be a completely ignorable release.

DNF was better than this!!

Stop trying to act like your a game designer. You know-it-all gamers are the worst of the worst. You can't judge the art style from a shaky, blurry camera. Also, the player can climb, it's called jumping, stupid. How is enemies climbing walls a bad design?

What difference does it make how much time they put into the boss the showed?

You don't know jack shit about "good leadership" or "direction" or whatever other fancy phrases you use to sound smart.

You obviously didn't like the first game, and you obviously didn't watch the entire video. So why are you here? They didn't remove the random drop-system at all. So your entire bitchfest is irrelevant.

It's also interesting to me how you list all these flaws, but claim that DNF was better despite the complete opposite. I don't get why people like you come into a thread about a game you clearly don't like then list your bullshit opinion. Oh wait it's called trolling. You wouldn't go to a concert for a band you hate right?

Rattlehead 1, Ludomancer 0.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo