Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Trailers

A new preview on IGN takes a look at Counter-Strike: Global Offensive, the recently announced installment in Valve's tactical shooter series. They discuss how this does not attempt to reinvent the series, saying there will be updated versions of maps like Dust and Aztec, while others, "like Dust 2, are largely unchanged." They discuss how bots will fill out teams, and how PC players will be able to set up servers (console players will not), and offer further details on gameplay, including plans for cross-platform play. Capping this all off, they also offer a Video Preview along with an Underpass Firefight Video and a Planting the Bomb Video, which all show off gameplay.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

10. Re: Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Trailers Aug 26, 2011, 16:05 jacobvandy

EddieTheHack wrote on Aug 26, 2011, 12:08:
Verno wrote on Aug 26, 2011, 11:30:
Dust on pubs and Dust in clan matches are two entirely different things though. There is no reason to get rid of Dust, it's very well balanced when played with the intended amount of players.

You are absolutely right. Clan and Pub are two different experiences on dust, or any other map. Dust is also very well balanced. The problem is I see no need to buy a game that has almost exactly the same content as the game it is being positioned to replace. I have played around 1,400 matches on dust over the years and im sick of it. Im sick of all the official maps to be honest which I why I dropped out of my clan and quit playing the game all the time. I still jump on from time to time but not like I used to. Valve is aiming this at competition and bringing in the console kiddies. Any CS:S player worth his roster position knows the maps blindfolded. Its bad enough using a controller whithout playing against a group of people who have thousands of hours of experience in the maps. I just want some new official maps to learn. Most of all, I never want to play dust again.

I love how PC gamers constantly bitch about how COD is 'the same game every year' and yet when a new CS game is coming out with the EXACT same maps those voices are silent. Better textutes and Molotov's - thats all this is. Unless the game is $1.99 at launch its not worth it.

You do realize that CS:S came out almost SEVEN years ago, right? And that they've announced there will be new maps? That this will be a multiplatform release on Steam, XBL, and PSN, which means it won't cost more than $10-15? That this game will NOT replace CS:S, which will in fact continue to be updated after CS:GO is released?

It's fine for you to be burnt out on Counter-Strike, but there are plenty of people that aren't and would welcome an update, plus even more people that never played it because it's only been available on PC. Believe it or not, Valve is much more interested in reaching out to those people than trying to "win back" people like you with something new. They'll get around to that with Counter-Strike 2, which will probably be bundled with an expansion to Half-Life 3 around 2020.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

Blue's News logo