Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Sniper Elite V2 PC Plans, New Trailer

Missed this the other day: Rebellion announces plans to bring Sniper Elite V2 to Windows PCs, after originally only announcing console versions of their World War II third-person sharpshooting sequel. Saying this is due to "an overwhelming response from PC gamers," they are self-funding the Windows edition, and Rebellion CEO Jason Kingsley offers reassurances that this will not simply be a quickie port, as it "will be built specifically for PC to take advantage of the more flexible and powerful hardware, with strong support directly from Rebellion." This will be distributed digitally through Steam and Rebellion is seeking partners for a retail release. On a related note, this trailer, titled "one bullet can change history," offers a look at the "kill cam" in Sniper Elite V2.The embedded version of the clip follows this explanation of what we're seeing:

The trailer premieres the unique ‘kill cam’, which rewards a ‘good’ shot by explicitly demonstrating just how destructive a sniper’s bullet can be – following it along its path before switching to slow motion X-ray detail to show its actual effects on the target’s skeleton and organs. The kill cam rewards good gameplay but reinforces the chilling impact of the sniper on the battlefields of World War Two.

It also demonstrates the distinctive direction of Sniper Elite V2– this is no ‘run and gun’ shoot ‘em up. Players must carefully thread their way through the ruins and complete covert missions, otherwise hordes of German Wehrmacht will come running.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

9. Re: Sniper Elite V2 PC Plans, New Trailer Aug 11, 2011, 20:22 netnerd85

Taskeen wrote on Aug 11, 2011, 20:06:
Yawn. Yet another a glorified-violence 'nazi' shoot-em up in the same vein as Inglorious Basterds. Why would I want to change history by killing legendary heroes like Michael Wittman or Ernst Barkmann?
Shoot-em up? it's a sniper game, hardly a standard "shoot-em up" due to the pace of the game.

Some people like killing nazis

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo