Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

StarCraft II: Starter Edition Replaces Demo

The StarCraft II Website announces the demo for the real-time strategy sequel has been replaced with the StarCraft II: Starter Edition, which allows anyone with a Battle.net account and an internet connection to play the following content for free:

• The first four missions of the StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty single-player campaign, including Mar Sara 1-3 and the choice to embark on Tychusís first mission or Dr. Hansenís first mission.
  • The first two Challenges: Tactical Command and Covert Ops.
  • Access to the terran race in Custom Games and Single-Player vs. AI.
  • Access to the following custom maps (map selection may rotate over time):
    • XelíNaga Caverns
    • Shattered Temple
    • Discord IV
    • High Orbit

Word is: "Any campaign progress and achievements you earn while playing StarCraft II: Starter Edition are automatically saved to your Battle.net account, and will carry over should you ever upgrade from the Starter Edition to the full version of StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty."

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

16. Re: StarCraft II: Starter Edition Replaces Demo Aug 4, 2011, 11:07 Bhruic

It wasn't really to teach you MP, it was to avoid the turtling effect. Most of the Starcraft 1 campaigns consisted of "turtle up until you have overwhelming force, then move out". With SC2, they wanted to force players to take risks. Personally, as someone who enjoys turtling, I'm not really a fan of that style, but it can be enjoyable at times.

Oh, and some of the top players in the game have average APMs of less than 100, so you don't need to spam commands that fast.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo