Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

15 Million League of Legends Registrations

As season one of League of Legends concludes, Riot Games announces that the DotA-inspired action/strategy game now boasts over 15 million registered users and that over 1.4 million players participate in the game every day. Here are more stats:

• Every day, over a million games of League of Legends are played, most consisting of two teams of five players.
  • Gamers spend 3.7 million hours in-game enjoying League of Legends every day.
  • The official website for League of Legends receives over 6 million page views per day.
  • 1.4 million people like League of Legends on Facebook, and League of Legends videos have nearly 100 million views on YouTube.
  • Over 1,690,000 viewers tuned into the online broadcast of the League of Legends Season One Championship, with concurrent viewership peaking at over 210,000.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

12. Re: 15 Million League of Legends Registrations Jul 26, 2011, 15:28 DarkCntry

Frijoles wrote on Jul 26, 2011, 15:16:
I bought HoN when it came out, but quit due to the assholes. Is LoL any better? Are there co-op vs. AI? Seems like people doing that wouldn't be pricks quite as often.

The community isn't much different 'as a whole', but seeing as LoL's entry barrier is non-existent being free, there's just far more people there...so you have a hit and miss opportunity.

Most of the people I've played with aren't that bad, but yea, there are bad apples.

And yes, there is a 5v5 versus bots...but again, that doesn't always stop the asshats.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo