Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Crysis 2 Ultra Update (DX11) Released

GeForce.com now offers the long promised patch for Crysis 2 to add DirectX 11 support to Crytek's first-person shooter sequel. This is a three-part release, involving a new version 1.9 patch, as well as the previously accidentally revealed DX11 Tessellation Pack with pre-tessellated geometries and a Hi Res Textures pack that will support both the DirectX 9 and DirectX 11 editions of the game for users with 64-bit OSes and 1 GB graphics cards. One or more of the downloads are mirrored on AtomicGamer, Gamer's Hell, and WorthPlaying. To help understand what this is all about, an article on GeForce.com explains how all this works. Finally, an update on the Crytek Website says to expect the map editor for the game on Wednesday. Here's the explanation on how to update, depending on where you acquired the game:

If your copy of Crysis 2 works through EA Download, EA Origin, Steam, or another digital distribution service with uniquely protected game executables do not download the file labelled Patch 1.9 as your copy will have to receive the patch through their services. You are free to download the DirectX 11 update and high resolution packs, however, as they work with all versions of the game – just ensure you’re patched to version 1.9 before installing them."

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

30. Re: Crysis 2 Ultra Update (DX11) Released Jun 27, 2011, 17:45 Dmitri_M

MajorD wrote on Jun 27, 2011, 13:49:
MEH! I installed the 1.9, High Res, and DX11 patch and quickly checked it out, and so far it appears a little bit better, but not as much as I had anticipated and/or hoped for. Crysis 1 maxed out still looks better IMHO.

I'm curious about everyone else’s opinion.

It's not much of a difference.

But then I didn't expect much change. There's no magic switch that is going to make a model 8000 faces when it was originally designed at 5000 (tesselation just doesn't count since it's just adding a few faces here and there at best smoothing an existing model) or a street scene suddenly being much more realistic without some artist getting their hands dirty and simply adding more props.

This game was designed to run smoothly on consoles. The ultimate "high res" would be to design it first on pc and then offer a "low res" version of the game for console. Yes yes I know that's dead in the water.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

Blue's News logo