Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Battlefield Heroes Hacked

The Battlefield Heroes Website has word that this free-to-play military shooter is back online after a hacking incident which is attributed to LulzSec's recently concluded hacking spree. Here's what they say happened:

Service has been restored on Battlefield Heroes following a short hiatus related to a security breach. Our investigation is ongoing, however it appears screen names and encrypted passwords associated with an early beta version of Heroes have been compromised. To the best of our knowledge, it appears that no personal data was compromised no emails, account history, credit card numbers or payment methods. Any further updates will be posted on this page. We apologize for any inconvenience.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

6. Re: Battlefield Heroes Hacked Jun 27, 2011, 12:12 necrosis

Hellbinder wrote on Jun 27, 2011, 11:37:
no, all they showed is what a group of smart degenerates can do given enough time, dedication and opportunity.

people do care about security, but its hard to prepare for complete scum like these guys who sit around doing this all day long.
And it is that kind of thinking that keeps banks and the like exempt from punishment when severely damaging hacks leak the personal information of millions.

Hacks even today are still treated like 'acts of God'. Things that just can not be prepared for. Yet they can and I for one am sick of these institutions getting off 'scot free' whenever things like this happen.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

Blue's News logo