Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

EVE Online Microtransaction Uproar

Greed Is Good: Purportedly leaked internal bulletin shows CCP’s “refreshing” new direction outlines some of the crazy microtransaction item prices in EVE Online since the launch of the Incarna update for CCP's MMORPG. They also share a leaked internal memo from CCP that has been confirmed as authentic by Massively, that indicates that CCP may go back on their promise that they will not allow microtransactions to impact gameplay, as it says: "Not all virtual purchases will focus on customization: some will simply be new items, ammunition, ships, etc. that can be purchased outright." There's a post on the EVE Insider Forums where CCP Pann admits: "I’m here to buy time while we try to sort things out. No sense in lying about it so I'll call a spade a spade." That initial post promises to address three issues going forward: the high cost of goods in the Noble Market, unhappiness with the Captain’s Quarters, and performance issues with Incarna. As of this writing that thread has well over 200 pages of replies. Thanks James.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

18. Re: EVE Online Microtransaction Uproar Jun 25, 2011, 06:59 DG

Oh, bummer. Well I guess that doesn't fundamentally change my point. Wealthy people putting in cash to buy PLEX to buy ISK to buy items from players who then sell the ISK for PLEX and then into subscription time are still not having to put their own cash into their subscription. So they still "cash out", it's just the amount is limited by how much subscription they no longer have to buy with their own money.

I think what it changes is constrain the laws of demand and supply and thus increase the risk of inflation from too much ISK being bought with cash?

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

Blue's News logo