Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Ships Ahoy - Dungeons & Dragons: Daggerdale

Atari announces the Windows edition of Dungeons & Dragons: Daggerdale is now available via digital distribution. The hack-and-slash action/RPG is available on the Atari store, GamersGate, Impulse, and Steam, and here's word on what it offers:

Players can take on the role of the melee expert Human Fighter, the quick and nimble Elven Rogue, the master of the arcane arts Halfling Wizard, and the powerful divine Dwarven Cleric. Gamers use intuitive pick-up-and-play combat combined with a wide assortment of weapons, feats and powers to defeat a wide range of deadly enemies. Players can level their character, unlocking three tiers of powers, and an extensive list of feats to create a truly unique character. As the player levels, they can add additional attribute points to their ability scores, further enhancing the performance of the character. The action-packed RPG gameplay allows for solo and co-op play for up to four players.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

6. Re: Ships Ahoy - Dungeons & Dragons: Daggerdale Jun 24, 2011, 18:31 BurntSoul

Here's the deal:

Even with all the issues, I hope it can get its act together. That being said:

First off, the price: $15. Good to get in and get out. I heard that this game will eventually add dlc over time (new 'modules'). This price does NOT excuse them from the crap that's been happening, though.

This game is best for screwing around bashing monsters co-op with your friends, because the story is presented in a so-so manner (you talk to npc's and they just grunt when you click, and text lines pop up).

This is not a click on the ground RPG, it's a use the keys to move RPG. Yeah, they forgot to include the ability to configure many of your keys in the PC version. Like the arrow keys (I'm left handed). Kind of sad, so you have to go into the .ini to fix the keys you want changed (and some don't change anyway from here), or use a 3rd party utility I've been using like autokey. This pissed me off the most. I'm still waiting for the 2nd patch for this. It's the type of thing that would turn a casual PC gamer off for sure. Don't worry though, you can use a gamepad (WTF?).

Missing textures: 5 minutes in after I installed it, when you picked up certain armor or items and equipped them, you ended up looking like a pasty blue smurf. Supposedly they fixed it in the PC patch.

Ability points loss: upon leveling up, you get a few points to put into abilities. I didn't run into the issue, but people have been ripped when they built their character. Later on the player would save their game a certain way and it would remove those points. This is not cool when you are near the end of the game... Hadn't happened to me, and the first patch apparently fixes it, yet I have heard some people still complaining.

Multiplayer is tied to Gamespy.

Co-op local multiplayer does not include LAN play.

Because of all the above horseshit, they ended up getting terrible reviews.

Here's to hoping they'll get another patch in that resolves the remaining crap.

In any event, no sweat off my ass - all in I got the game for $1.50 (coupons).

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

Blue's News logo