Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

QUAKE "Reboot" Possible

id Software is considering a return to the QUAKE series, John Carmack tells Eurogamer, though while id's technical director says "strong factions" within the company are in favor of this, he also notes this is speculative as they continue work on RAGE and DOOM 4, saying: "Nothing is scheduled here, people are not building this." His comments indicate that if this comes to pass, their leaning is towards a reboot of the Cthulhu-style mash-up of the first game, rather than the Strogg-oriented sequels. "We went from the Quake 2 and the Quake 4 Strogg universe. We are at least tossing around the possibilities of going back to the bizarre, mixed up Cthulhu-ish Quake 1 world and rebooting that direction," he tells them. "We think that would be a more interesting direction than doing more Strogg stuff after Quake 4. We certainly have strong factions internally that want to go do this."

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

44. Re: QUAKE Jun 17, 2011, 15:56 Jonny5

Jonny5 wrote on Jun 17, 2011, 15:55:
Jonny5 wrote on Jun 17, 2011, 15:54:
Jonny5 wrote on Jun 17, 2011, 15:53:
shponglefan wrote on Jun 17, 2011, 15:25:
Maybe this time they'll include the dragon. Anyone else remember the dragon?

yes I remember the test level with the dragon....was awesome, more of a mini dragon thing, but at the time, seeing something in real 3d (non sprite) flying around pre-Open GL quake was really amazing, In fact Bluesnews was started because of Quake , if I remember right. Used to have a quake dude in logo!

this is first logo I remember at bluesnews

http://www.bluesnews.com/logos/Bluesnews.jpg
then this one

http://www.bluesnews.com/images/new_blue2.jpg
then of course the UNREAL logo

http://www.bluesnews.com/logos/blue_meets_unreal.jpg

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

Blue's News logo