Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

DNF Review Dust Up

Ars Technica has a screenshot of a since-deleted tweet from PR firm The Redner Group with an overt threat about negative reviews of Duke Nukem Forever, saying: "#AlwaysBetOnDuke too many went too far with their reviews...we r reviewing who gets games next time and who doesn't based on today's venom." A follow-up tweet backs off from this and apologizes: "I have to apologize to the community. I acted out of pure emotion. I will be sending each of you a private apology." A pair of subsequent tweets stress that this was Redner acting on its own, and that "2K had nothing to do with this." As of this writing the Metacritic scores for the first-person shooter sequel are 57 for the PC edition, 56 for the Xbox 360 edition, and 48 for the PlayStation 3 edition.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

74. Re: DNF Review Dust Up Jun 15, 2011, 14:10 Overon

Stolk wrote on Jun 15, 2011, 10:40:
Trying to determine the quality of Duke Nukem Forever is like trying to determine the intelligence of a retarded child. I don't know how to come up with a score. I played for about 5 hours last night and had many negative feelings about things in the game, yet still somehow managed to have fun.
You give the supsected retarded child the same test you would give to someone who you suspect of not being retarded. Sheesh. You can say what you want because it's a free country but it's not cool to make your point with such comments. You can't fault someone for the way they were born, they had no say in it. They had no choice.

This comment was edited on Jun 15, 2011, 15:33.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

Blue's News logo