Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Arma 2 Free Announced

The Arma 2 Official Website announces Arma 2 Free, a free-to-play multiplayer version of Arma 2, the military shooter sequel from Bohemia Interactive Studios. They say this is set to launch this month, and offer this launch trailer to celebrate the news. Here's word:

Arma 2: Free redefines the free-to-play battlefield with its truly unrivalled scale and gameplay possibilities. Arma 2: Free serves up almost everything offered by the original Arma 2 - the '13th best PC game of all time', according to PC Gamer - minus the campaign, HD graphics and support for user-made addons and mods. Arma 2: Free is scheduled for release in June 2011.

Create your own custom-built scenarios or deploy a massive selection of missions and game-modes made by others. No micro-transactions, no hidden costs, just the same epic terrain and huge variety of equipment! This is Arma 2 Free - virtual war without the training wheels. Arma 2: Free to download, free to play, free to share, free to host, free to create... free to play redefined!

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

4. Re: Arma 2 Free Announced Jun 9, 2011, 10:56 justice7

Teddy wrote on Jun 9, 2011, 10:54:
justice7 wrote on Jun 9, 2011, 10:52:
This seriously kicks ass!!!! I'm all over it. I mostly play these games for the multiplayer anyway, and getting more people to play the amazing mods out there is nothing but a great idea.

Arma 2: Free serves up almost everything offered by the original Arma 2 ... minus the campaign, HD graphics and support for user-made addons and mods.

By the sound of that, the free version will not have access to those 'amazing mods'.

Ah dammit, i should really have read it closer. Now i am all disappoint.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo