Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Volition's New IP

During a conversation with Volition's David Abzug, VideoGamer.com learned from the lead designer on Red Faction: Armageddon that the developer is working on a new game based on a new intellectual property in addition to their upcoming collaboration with director Guillermo del Toro on inSANE. "There are, but I don't know if I'm allowed to talk about them," he said when asked about new IPs. A follow-up answer about the first-person shooter genre suggests the new game will not be an FPS: "I would like to return to it with another IP, yeah." He elaborates, suggesting this will be a third-person game: "First-person and third-person are just two different ways of making it. There are things that first-person does better, there are things that third-person does better. Third-person gives you more situational awareness, first-person makes you feel more involved in the action. Third-person lets you see your character more, first-person gives you a more claustrophobic view - it's better for a military shooter." Thanks VG247.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

7. Re: Volition's New IP May 27, 2011, 12:13 Parallax Abstraction

Red Faction Guerrilla (while a mess on PC I admit) was one of the most fun shooters in years for me. It actually (GASP!) tried to do something new! The Saint's Row series is a blast too. The previous Red Faction games...yeah they weren't so hot.  
Parallax Abstraction
Geek Bravado | YouTube (Watch/Rate/Comment on my shows!)
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo