Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Mass Effect Interview

The Casey Hudson interview on GameInformer is a video conversation with BioWare's director of Mass Effect about the origins of the sci-fi RPG series. Word is: "Check out the video below to learn how the project began and why Mass Effect's director doubts a trilogy of this size and scope will ever happen again." Thanks Darth Guybrush.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

8. Re: Mass Effect Interview Apr 27, 2011, 18:47 Draugr

Creston wrote on Apr 27, 2011, 15:04:
JoeNapalm wrote on Apr 27, 2011, 14:37:
Yeah, this seems like a bit of patting themselves on the back.

I mean, c'mon, it's not like it's Fallout or something, where your choices really have any impact. Nobody seriously believes, after DA2, that their ME2 choices are going to carry over in any significant fashion, do they?

-Jn-
Ifriti Sophist

Why wouldn't they? DA was never really designed to carry anything over, especially since in DA2 they're telling basically a completely different story. ME was designed from the ground up to be altered by the choices you make.

It may turn out to be nothing but a bunch of emails again, but I think we'll be surprised by some of the stuff that carries over.

Creston

I couldn't agree more, just because some choice in me1 didn't have a lot of bearing in me2 shouldn't necessarily surprise anyone, its a trilogy, and all those variables don't need to play out just because it's the sequel. As Creston said, I think we'll see a lot of consequences play out in the third one, with variables being recalled from the first and second game. I'm sure the e-mail style callbacks will be in there to some degree, but I'm not terribly worried about it.

DA was always supposed to have a carry over, save-wise. I just think sometime after ME2 released the DA team got steered in a different direction, hence the main DA writer leaving, the changes we've seen, etc. This made those decisions made in the last game pretty much insignificant.

I still think Bioware will be interested in having transferable saves, but I think it will be more for a consistency for the player in a series, so more like the DA save carry, as opposed to mass effect where it is part of the story itself and the decisions you make have a bearing on the outcome of the subsequent story told in game.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

Blue's News logo