Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Free Mass Effect 2 for Dragon Age II Owners [Updated]

The BioWare Social Network announces that BioWare is celebrating the success of Dragon Age II by offering owners of the RPG sequel a free copy of the Windows edition of Mass Effect 2 (even those who bought a console version of Dragon Age II). This Sequel Celebration FAQ has the details on how this works, saying the offer must be redeemed before May 1. They also note that: "The Cerberus Network is not included in this promotion, but is still available for purchase if you wish to access that content. For more information on the Cerberus Network, click here." Thanks winnetou. Update: The FAQ has been updated reflecting the inclusion of the Cerberus Network; here's what it says:

Cerberus Network is included and will be entitled to the account used to redeem your Dragon Age II Online Pass. This includes Zaeed - The Price of Revenge, Cerberus Weapon and Armor, Normandy Crash Site, Cerberus Arc Projector, and Firewalker Pack. Visit the offer page to download the necessary files.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

84. Re: Free Mass Effect 2 for Dragon Age II Owners [Updated] Apr 6, 2011, 22:37 Verno

Of course it's clear. It starts off with your attempt to establish yourself in the city.

That's the plot of the first act, he's referring to an overarching story which you seem to think is tension built from different conflicts. The mage/templar conflict lacks scope, particularly for people who played the first game and were already exposed to it. Not every plot needs to be LOTR style epic but it's difficult to get people invested in "well we need some monies to buy our house". Maybe people could more easily forgive the standalone feel of each act if it allowed the player to be a proper framing device for the story and influence the plot but that doesn't really happen. I can understand appreciating the plot for not being contemporary but it's still poorly structured and lacks punch. For example they could have really run with the idea of class conflict in the first act but instead it's handwaved away easily and any progress you make doesn't even feel like your own due to the jump between acts.

I know they were rushed but I don't work there so I don't care. Take more time then and make a less mediocre experience in the future. Five years for DA:O was surely too far but I think a year is pushing it to make a quality title.

Playing: South Park, Dark Souls 2
Watching: Enemy, Network, Wer
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

Blue's News logo