Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Bulletstorm Demo

A playable demo for Bulletstorm is now available, offering the expected sample of the first-person shooter from Epic Games and their People Can Fly studio. The demo is available through Games For Windows and Steam. We don't have details on the demo, but the announcement does have this blurb on the game:

Since the arrival of Grayson Hunt and his band of space pirates, Bulletstorm has received worldwide acclaim, with Yahoo! Games calling it, “the most original shooter in years,” and MSN declaring Bulletstorm “a fantastic game.” Bulletstorm tells the story of Grayson Hunt and Ishi Sato, ex-members of an elite military force called Dead Echo, now mercenaries on the run across the galaxy. Stranded on Stygia, a paradise lost that has been overrun by rampaging freaks, flesh-eating plants and creatures the size of skyscrapers, their main objective is to survive long enough in order to exact revenge on the one person responsible for their plight.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

12. Re: Bulletstorm Demo Apr 4, 2011, 16:57 BicycleRepairMan

Played through the demo. pretty meh if you ask me. I seemed to be immortal, as sometimes i just wondered around aimlessly looking at all the pretty smashed up architecture, the enemies were shooting like crazy and I just walked over, while being peppered, and kicked them in the face, and even then, when they ganged up around me, I could just kick them one by one. Pretty pointless.

As for the whole combo skill-kill system, well, its a nice thought, but I think it gets old quickly (in fact it kinda got old during the demo for me) I love doing cool kills in games, but for me, some of the fun lies in sort of fooling the game, and actually invent new ways to solve a problem, and here, the devs plays to much right into my hands, its like HEY LOOK AT THIS SUPERCOOL COMBOSHIT YOU CAN DO HERE!!! .. constantly.

Contrast that with playing Half Life 2 and using the Gravity gun, and the first time I used a radiator as a shield or blocked of the stairs to the combine by clogging the stairs, then throwing back the grenade they tried flushing me out with.. Now that was awesome, and not just because it was.. awesome.. but because the game never insessantly screamed in my face do it do it do it!! told me I could do that, I just did it.

This comment was edited on Apr 4, 2011, 17:14.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo