Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Blizzard: Diablo III Could Cannibalize WoW

Gamasutra has word from Blizzard's Frank Pierce, who says that their upcoming Diablo III may cannibalize World of Warcraft before the release of Titan, their next MMORPG. "It's hard to say. I think even a shorter-term concern is whether or not we might see cannibalization of WoW players from Diablo III when we launch it, because it's a similar type of experience. Not exactly similar, but it's that RPG feel," he tells them in response to a question about Titan cutting into WoW. "For us, I think it's really important that we recognize that somewhere, sometime it's likely that someone is going to cannibalize World of Warcraft players. So it's better we cannibalize them ourselves than let someone else do that, because if we cannibalize them ourselves, they're still a Blizzard customer."

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

55. Re: Blizzard: Diablo III Could Cannibalize WoW Mar 22, 2011, 09:39 bhcompy

Yifes wrote on Mar 21, 2011, 14:52:
bhcompy wrote on Mar 21, 2011, 14:35:
Which is why adults play EVE instead of WoW. We leave WoW to the kids who are bored with their 360s

You can play EVE for 1 hr a day? I've always thought that EVE was an even bigger timesink and waste of your life than WOW.

Sure you can play EVE for an hour a day. One of the biggest benefits of EVE is that character advancement occurs whether or not you're logged on(as long as you queue it up). Same goes for manufacturing(crafting), buying/selling(you can place standing market orders that sit for hours/days/weeks/months), and other things. The actual business of fighting can take as long as you want. If you want to earn some cash mining or mission running or killing pirates(ratting) or PVPing, you can do all of that in an hours span of time.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

Blue's News logo