Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

A new shop recently opened up nearby to cater to the need of birdfeeders, so I dropped by to see if they had any squirrel-proof suet feeders. The proprietor said they didn't carry any because he hadn't found any sturdy enough to withstand a rodent attack, but he did have suet cakes laced with cayenne pepper, which he said would deter the squirrels but not the birds. He certainly was right about the squirrels, as they have been leaving it alone, but he seemed to be exaggerating the bird's willingness to overcome its spiciness, as there don't seem to be many birds willing to eat from it. This certainly does make the greater expense of these suet cakes seem economical, because even though three dollars and change apiece, the one I bought may last the rest of the year. Back to the drawing board.

Peppery Links: Thanks Ant and Mike Martinez and Acleacius.
Play: Ragdoll Salvation.
Cannon Venture.
Stories: Airline apologizes for plane prayer scare.
Behind The Scenes Of Community’s “Advanced Dungeons & Dragons”.
Science: Big Butt Helps Swan Survival. Thanks Digg.
For mental health, bad job worse than no job.
Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Star Wars Cosplay.
Three Wolf Mooncraft. Thanks Reddit.
Media: Sheffield Quigley: Professional Myspace Photographer.
Simon Pegg and Nick Frost's Star Wars. Thanks nin.
Dog Interview FAIL.
Auction: S.T.A.L.K.E.R.Collector Coin sells for $610.00. Thanks Rhialto.
The Funnies: Dilbert.
xkcd- FPS Mod.
Follow-up: Japan Miracle Rescues: Baby Girl, Elderly Woman Found Alive.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

9. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 16, 2011, 13:24 Cutter

Is there somewhere you can suspend the birdfeeder that they can't jump to it from? Even raise it and lower it using a high test fishing line that can take the weight but where a squirrel can find no purchase.

And in other news I was checking around to see who has a cheap copy of Faster (the Rock's last flick, and an awesome anti-hero flick btw) and I noticed that Excalibur is finally out on Blu-ray. Dunno how that one slipped by me. Love that film!

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

Blue's News logo