Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

PC BioShock 2 Protector Trials Tomorrow

The Cult of Rapture has word that the Protector Trials DLC for BioShock 2 should be released for free tomorrow, which will presumably end a long saga that included plans for the Windows version of the DLC being scrapped and later revived, and an incident last month where it mistakenly appeared on the Games for Windows Marketplace. The announcement also has word that a patch will accompany the DLC release and that they are still working on the PC release of the Minerva's Den DLC. Here's the deal:

I'm happy to announce that the Protector Trials are headed to PC on March 14th - which means that on Monday morning, you'll be downloading away and back in Rapture. (And yes, the Protector Trials are completely free!) Monday will also bring a small patch that fixes, among other things, the mouse sensitivity issues many of you have reported (the full patch notes are below.) We're still working on Minerva's Den and I'll be making a similar announcement to this one as we get closer to a firm launch date for that pack.

Thanks again for your patience, and I look forward to hearing how you fare in the Trials.

Patch Notes

- Fixed unlocalized text in Customize Controls screen.
- Player mouse functionality no longer drops out when the Video Card Driver Warning appears.
- User.ini no longer overwritten when game loads. This should address mouse sensitivity issues as well as many v-sync option bugs.

Post Comment
Enter the details of the comment you'd like to post in the boxes below and click the button at the bottom of the form.

1. Re: PC BioShock 2 Protector Trials Tomorrow Mar 13, 2011, 17:28 Sempai

Although they're taking their sweet time, good on 2K for keeping their word and releasing the dlc and a patch on PC to fix some of the issues players have been dealing with since it's launch.

But we all know what we really want is Minerva's Den.

Cmon 2K!

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Subject
Comment

;)   ;)   :(   :(   :o   :o   %)   %)   :)   :)   :|   :|   ;P   ;P   X|   X|   :D   :D   More

Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you have a signature set up, it will be automatically appended to your comment.
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

Email me when this topic is updated.

Special Codes

• b[bold text]b
  • i[italic text]i
  • u[underline text]u
  • -[strikethrough text]-
  • c[code text]c
  • +[bullet point]+
  • q[quote text (indented)]q
  • [quote="Author"]quote text (indented)[/quote]
  • [url=Link]text[/url]
  • r{red text}r
  • g{green text}g
  • b{blue text}b
  • m{maroon text}m
  • s{secret text (shows in the background colour)}s

Forum Rules

1. Disagree all you want but attacks of a personal nature will not be tolerated.
  2. Ethnic slurs and homophobic language will not be tolerated.
  3. Do not post spam, links to warez sites, or instructions on how to obtain pirated software.
  4. Abusing the forums in any manner that could be construed as 'griefing' will not be tolerated.

footer

Blue's News logo